Summer Reading Program
Attica Middle School Library
Summer Reading Program 2017The Attica Middle School Summer Reading Program is underway! Many students have already signed up in the library. If your child was unable to sign up before summer break, but would like to participate, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.Rules:
1. Students should set a personal reading goal on their reading log. Reading logs must be filled in with the book title, date it was finished, student rating and parent initials. Reading logs are available in the library and will be sent home with report cards. They are also available below.
2. Students should read a MINIMUM of four books. Students’ personal reading goals may be higher and that's awesome! Four books is the just the minimum number to be invited to the Summer Reading Parties in September.
3. Students may fill out an optional Book Review Graphic Organizer for one or more of the books, in order to be entered into a raffle for a PRIZE. Graphic organizers are available in the library, will be sent home with report cards, and are available below.
1. Students can read what they want! Free choice is an important component of this program.
2. Book recommendations are our pleasure! The Middle School/Young Adult summer reading recommendation list is posted below. This list is a collection of recently published books along with some student and librarian favorites. Also posted below is a link to the New York State Summer Reading List.
3. Rewards! Students who turn in their Summer Reading Log to the Middle School Library by September 15th, 2017, will be invited to a Summer Reading Party the week of September 25th, 2017, during lunchtime! We will also raffle prizes!
Click here for a list great Middle School Titles: