Pro / Con Research
- ProCon.org - Using the fair, FREE, and unbiased resources at ProCon.org, millions of people each year learn new facts, think critically about both sides of important issues, and strengthen their minds and opinions.
- Opposing Viewpoints database - Click the link and scroll through the list of databases until you see Opposing Viewpoints. Enter the AMS database password.
- NYS Newspapers database - Click on the link to access the newspaper database. If it doesn't load directly, just scroll through the list of databases until you see "New York State Newspapers".
- Newsela pro/con section - "Improve your students' persuasive writing with these articles in support of or against relevant issues. Use the articles as mentor texts, or as springboards for meaningful class debate."
- IDEA - "The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) gives young people a voice through education, debate and by raising their awareness about worldwide issues."